Sunday, May 25, 2014

sleeping people cant see turtles

I drove through South Carolina and Charlotte without any wild adventures but I did see a few interesting sites. The Peach shaped water tower in Gaffney very interesting. I think it elicits visions of something other than what it was designed to look like.
 
Charlotte is all Bank of America, including a huge stadium for the Panthers that looks really out of place. I remember when California's business climate became too much for Gianinni's bank.
 
I arrived in Fayetteville Friday afternoon and had a nice German dinner with my inlaws,Barbara and Frank. At this point I've found 4991 letterboxes, 9 more to the 5000 mark. . We drove to Emerald Isle near Swansboro yesterday and the rest of the clan showed up by midnight.  There are at least 14 more letter boxes around the area so Im encouraged we will make the goal. This morning we had squealing and running around as Aaron and Dahlia discovered the turtles in the pond in the backyard.

1 comment: