Monday, May 12, 2014

Living with Avian Pesto

As the name of this post implies, I severely underestimated the amount of avian pesto that would be produced on this trip. I'm keeping up however by changing towels everyday. Pity the poor Laundromat or motel six days from now when I stop for a washing.

Enough scatology, I had a real neat moment just west of Kingman, Az. today. Hwy 40 goes through a set of steep hills and I was listening to "An Army at Dawn", the story of the WW2 north African campaign. The author was describing the struggle to take the steep hills, and there I was, able to completely imagine soldiers trying to take and retake the hills right next to me. It was a serendipity moment.
..
One of the boxes I found was dedicated to BLEVE that occurred in Kingman in 1973. As I walked off the hill back to the car, I swear I could smell odorized propane....that's what caused the fire and explosion 41 years ago.

I also went to Pluto's home and found several letterboxes. The Lowell observatory is a really neat place, they have both day and night programs and star gazing. Its actually pretty cool here tonight, 45 or so I'm not going back up there.

Dinner was at a place called Grannies closet. Food was ok but the name was enough to make me almost drive by the place.

Yesterday Barstow, tomorrow Albuquerque




No comments:

Post a Comment