Saturday, May 17, 2014

How Venus saved the day and odd sounding offramps

You ask, how could a parrot save a day. well let me tell you. It all started several years ago when I started letting Venus fly with a harness in Orinda. It proved to be a really good thing, she learned to fly, tired herself out and behaved better in the house and I met lots of new people on the Donald drive ridge behind our house.

Now we are in a far off land with a freeway that has off ramps called Toad Suck Pond and Bucksnort. I was looking for one called spider bark but never saw it.

So today we were driving down I 40 eastbound headed for Nashville to drop off some art for Ellen and pulled off at a reststop to find a letterbox. we were unsuccessful. While Venus was flying a group of people came up to me and gawked at her and shared their amazement at a green bird flying around a rest stop. We talked a while and they warned me that a that a truck had exploded along the road and offered that I could use an alternate route to avoid the back up. Indeed I did and saved about 2hrs sitting on the freeway waiting for the authorities to clean up this mess....... so Venus saved the day!!!

1 comment:

  1. ummm, I thought "Spider Bark" was an euphemism for a fart...LOL! The South might have been better off as its own country after all....

    ReplyDelete