Tuesday, June 10, 2014

In Grantsville, Utah tonight, about 25 miles west of salt Lake city. Last night was spent in Vernal.  I had a nice drive through the Rockies on Monday from Golden to Vernal. joined a huge bicycle ride of thousands over rabbit ears pass which added a few hours to the trip but allowed me to see more sights as I had to drive pretty slow.

I had a wardrobe failure a few days ago, no its not what you're thinking. I blew out the knee on my jeans. All the way over Rabbit ears pass there were ads for FM Light company in Steamboat springs. They sold jeans. Mmmmm, I thought, why not, just stop in buy a pair and wear them out the door. All went well until I arrived in Vernal and needed my compass. alas it was gone. I wracked my mind for where I could have left it, searched the car fiendishly but no idea where the compass went. It wasn't a trivial loss, it was expensive and quite accurate. I do have a compass app on the Android but its not accurate.

Just on a whim I sent and email back to FM Light in steamboat sprgs and lo and behold, Sherie called me during dinner tonight, found my compass and for a small fee is shipping it to the house. Its the first and only thing I've misplaced on the trip. Now I lose car keys like a snake sheds skin,,,,, say that real fast sometime , it isn't easy. Knowing my weakness for misplacistis, I hold them in my hand every time I lock any door on the truck.

Venus has gotten pretty good at saying I'm a pretty girl because when she is upfront and says it, I reinforce it with a small treat. Unfortunately I think I've heard a few other words I wont reinforce.

Nothing too odd in salt lake city but the gravestones of  the old Mormons buried in the City Cemetery. One headstone was about 8ft high because it had to list all of the man's wives and children, about 10 wives and 20 or so kids. It took me a few seconds to realize these were concurrent and not serial marriages... So much for Big Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment