Thursday, October 11, 2018

Its the second week of October in 2018 and I'm preparing for another cross country trip, this one without either of my sidekicks, Maggie or Venus. The weather will probably be colder and so Venus is staying with a friend and Maggie doesn't do road trips for letterboxing anymore. I've been making lists and checking off stuff for the last 2 months and still know I've forgotten something which I will promptly remember once I get over 100 miles from home. I'm leaving Monday morning and heading to our cabin to winterize it and the down to Virginia city NV, across hwy 50 to Utah then grand junction Colorado down to Pagosa Springs, and on to Taos. From there Ill head east to Dalhart and down to Austin and Bastrop for Letterboxing XX. I loved the meet in 2013 in Massachusetts and looking forward to this one even more. Maggie promises to fly to Austin and enjoy the meet and then fly home. Ill be making this trip in my 2014 Chevy Silverado as the old Nissan Titan turned 250K miles a few years ago and got traded in on a new model, don't you wish we could do that with our bodies? guess we can if you believe in reincarnation, but I use just plain milk in my coffee, that reincarnation is too rich for me. That last sentence was my prelude to Alzheimer's where you change subjects in the middle of a sentence. My dad used to do that after he turned 95,maybe I'm precocious. well ill try to keep this blog up for the trip and let you know what I see and hear,

No comments:

Post a Comment